Experience Guadeloupe: Enjoy the beach & discover the island
Exploring the islands
2 wks. from $ 2596 / £ 1723
Get 5% off if you already booked flights
14 exciting days in which to enjoy the golden beaches of the archipelago of Guadeloupe and discover the colorful diversity of the land and inhabitants of the island. The package: Hotels, rental car, a whale safari, Island tours and a boat trip.
7 days Grand Terre:
7 days Grand Terre:
- 7 nights in a Bungalow (garden) with breakfast at the small cosy beach hotel near St. Anne;
- Collective transfer upon arrival - from airport to Hotel.
Full day Tour Grande Terre: See the most fascinating sets of the peninsula: the cemetery of Morne à l’eau, the old Port de Moule and the Distillerie Damoiseau with its windmill (visit and tasting). Afterwards you will have time for a sea bath at the wonderful Souffleur Beach in Port Louis. Drive along the stunning cliffs of La Grande Vigie. Creole lunch in a typical restaurant or by the locals. In the afternoon, you will visit La Pointe des Châteaux. A path will take you up to the calvary which dominates La Pointe des Colibris. Back to the hotel by the end of the day.
- Marie Galante by Ferry: Departure from your hotel and transfer to the ferry terminal.
After a 45 minute crossing you will arrive in Grand Bourg. Walk through the market where all the exotic flavours of the island can be found. Then visit of the island by bus. Start the tour with the visit of Habitation Murat, old sugar plantation habitation. You will then go into a distillery where you will discover all the steps of the rum fabrication and learn everything on the sugar cane. A tasting is also organized on site. Finally you will enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. Lunch will be served in a nice Creole restaurant with local music. Back to Guadeloupe at around 4 p.m. and transfer to your hotel.
- Transfer from hotel to the airport for rental car pick-up (rental is for the next half of the trip in Basse Terre)
- 7 days car rental, category: Renault Clio
- 7 nights in a bungalow at the Tropical Garden-bungalows & Villas at Cousteau-Reserve;
- North of Basse Terre: Start from your hotel to La Route de la Traversée and the Guadeloupe National Park. Stop in the tropical forest and 5 minutes walk to the Cascade aux Ecrevisses.
Next stop is the Malendure Beach where you will visit the Cousteau’s Underwater Reserve by glass-bottom boat. Snorkelling through colourful fishes will also be possible. Refreshments will be offered.
In Deshaies, you will be amazed by the Botanic Garden and discover all the richness of the Caribbean flora (waterfalls, streams, vegetal walls, orchids, cactus, water lilies, epiphytes and more rare plants. Creole Lunch in a restaurant and if time permits sea bath at Grande Anse Beach. Back to the hotel through Sainte Rose in the early evening.
- South of Basse Terre: Departure from hotel, you will pass by the city of Pointe à Pitre and cross the Rivière Salée driving on the Gabarre Bridge, and then direction Sainte Marie, in Capesterre. You will make a first stop to take pictures of the Changy Hindu Temple. Next stop at the National Park and hike with your guide to the second Carbet Fall. By midday you will reach the spice market of Basse Terre, a mix of colors and extraordinary scents.
Lunch in an typical local restaurant
In the afternoon, visit of the Archaeological Park of Engraved Rocks. A 30 minutes walk will take you to the discovery of 300 AD petro glyphs, done by the Arawak Indians. Last Stop at Allée Dumanoir: road lined up with 400 royal palm trees, classified as historic monument. Back to the hotel at the end of the day.
- Day trip to Les Saintes by Ferry: Departure from your hotel and transfer to the Trois Rivière pier. After a pleasant crossing on board the ferry, you will disembark in Terre de Haut. Shuttles will drive you to Fort Napoleon. Today, the fort welcomes a museum of the history and heritage of Les Saintes. It also accommodates a botanic garden dedicated to succulent plants. Then departure to the wonderful Pompiere Beach for a swim.
Lunch will be served in a restaurant facing the sea where you will enjoy local specialities. In the afternoon you will have time to stroll in the village.
Around 4 p.m. departure to Guadeloupe and transfer to your hotel.
- Car rental drop-off at airport
Package price in US Dollars & British Pounds
Valid from 15-12-2015 to 31-10-2016
Inquire without obligation or book Experience Guadeloupe: Enjoy the beach & discover the island