Home >> Basse Terre
Basse Terre: Karukera, the island with beautiful waters
In the north, the large number of rivers and waterfalls remins us of the existence of the rainforest with its wild paths. The Carib indians had already nicknamed this place : Karukera, the island with beautiful waters. Along the west coast, the landscape is made of beautiful beaches with golden or black sand. Further south, rises the volcano La Soufriere, nicknammed by the local population the Old Lady. Lovers of hiking and trekking will enjoy the many walks that travel across the area.
Perfect Packages: Basse Terre cocktail selection
|• Island hopping: Antigua, Guadeloupe & Dominica
• Island hopping Martinique, Dominica, Guadeloupe & Co.
• Island hopping for divers: Martinique, Guadeloupe and Dominica
• Dive & Drive Guadeloupe - The Cousteau Underwater Reserve
• Island hopping by ferry Guadeloupe,: Les Saintes and Marie Galante
• Diving in Guadeloupe: & Les Saintes
> Hotels Basse Terre >>
|+++Stories from the Islands+++
Read about Basse Terre